This colorful vegetable is made with cauliflower, potato, peas, tomatoes and onion – use these vegetables in any quantity or combination, depending on the availability / liking. It goes well with any daal, bread or rice.
In a frying pan or wok heat oil, fry sliced onion till golden brown.
Put turmeric, coriander, chili powder and fry for few seconds, being careful not to burn.
Add cauliflower, potato, cut ginger, salt and mix.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cover with a lid. Cook in steam till half done, mixing in between.
Add peas, tomatoes, mix, and cover with a lid. Cook till vegetables are done
Add mango powder, garam masala and mix.
Garnish with cilantro. Serve as a vegetable with a meal.
1. Cauliflower, Potatoes and Peas (Phool Gobhi, Aaloo aur Matar)
2. Cauliflower and Potato (Phool Gobhi aur Aaloo)
3. Cauliflower and Peas (Phool Gobhi aur Matar)
4. Potato and Peas (Aaloo aur Matar)
5. Broccoli and Potato (Broccoli aur Aaloo)
Without onion and tomato – replace with cumin and asafetida
Make any of the above combinations.
Skip onion, roast 1-tsp cumin (zeera) seeds and 1/8-tsp asafetida (hing) in hot oil for few seconds before adding spices.